Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ballin!

Just got home from playing basketball. As a matter of fact for the last two nights I just got back from playing basketball. haha I love ballin so much. I love the excitement of trying my hardest and winning. When try hard and loose it makes me want to win even more. It's funny, I was talking to Preston Tran the other day and we were saying how we want to keep getting together to play organized ball into our late 50's. That would be so amazing! I want to stay friends with these great group of guys and always have this escape from the grind of life. One or two nights a week we get to be kids again. Kids running as fast as we can back and forth and back and forth. Yelling, getting mad, hating the other team, and loving your team are all very freeing emotional expressions.

What's really great about playing nowadays is that we get to have something that's truly ours. It's not a league. We don't pay money to join. Our parents don't have to sign waivers for us to play or drive us to the games. We don't have to explain to anyone why we didn't play our best and we can feel good about boasting when we did our best. We decide if the games are going to be fun. It's up to us to make the environment fun and enjoyable. If every one's pissed off then that's the way we made it. When every ones having a blast that's when things are at their best!

Not only is it character building to create and maintain this band of brothers but it's great exercise. I've been playing basketball once a week since I was 17 years old. Despite having played through some pain this activity has kept me it great shape!

Alright i got to go ball right now. See ya!

byebye

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment